Dear Parents and Guests of Stratton,
I want you to know that as the Principal of Stratton the safety of all staff and students is constantly on my mind. While we strive to make everyone feel welcome, we are faced with the reality that ensuring student safety requires our building to tighten up current practices.
Please help us ensure student safety by:
- All adults must check-in at the office before moving beyond the lobby area of the school.
- lf you need to speak with your child during the day, please ask for assistance at the office. They will call your child to you. Adults should not be in the hallway without a visitor badge at any time.
- If you drop your child off in the morning, please say your goodbyes IN THE LOBBY AREA. Students this time of year are all able and expected to be able to walk to their classrooms on their own.
- If you pick your child up at the end of the day, PLEASE WAIT IN THE LOBBY AREA. Adults should not be in the hallways or going to classrooms at this time.
- All 1st-4th Grade students are expected to begin their day in the cafeteria and will be supervised and dismissed to their classrooms at 8:05.
- Please do not be offended if a staff member asks you if you have checked in at the office. All staff members have the responsibility of keeping students safe.
It is important to all of the Staff and Students here at Stratton that visitors to our school always feel welcome and appreciated. We are proud of our school and feel blessed to have so much support from our families and community. Please understand that our added security measures are to ensure the safety of the students and staff.